RUNNING TIME: 91 minutes.
About ten years ago, I created a simplified version of the 1971 film "Straw Dogs," which I titled "The Locals."
In this remake, I completely removed the original music.
Much like with my edit of "8MM" (titled "Snuff"), where I replaced the terrible original score, I felt the same way about the music in "Straw Dogs."
I also reworked the scene with the record player, which was not portrayed well in the original film, and I found the original editing to be quite frustrating at times.
This new edit has been upscaled to 4K, showcasing stunning quality, and the audio is now in TrueHD 5.1.
This version is 11 minutes longer than my previous cut, running a total of 91 minutes, and I’ve removed about half an hour of content.
David Sumner's taste in music differs significantly in my edit compared to the original, so you can forget about that annoying bagpipe music; the record player only appears once.
Additionally, I cut out the childish scenes involving Amy (played by Susan George) as well as the childish bullshit of those idiots who eventually try to break into Sumner’s house.
Amy’s rape has also been re-edited, without the annoying flashbacks to Sumner.
In the original, there were many distracting “one-second shots,” which I have removed.
In my version, I cut to Sumner only a few times.
The alternative music I used includes tracks from Fesliyan Studios, Howard Shore, The Newton Brothers, and Mathieu Carratier.
